If you are looking for a perfectly soft and tender chocolate cookie that everyone will love, this is it! A holiday treat, that is as easy and quick to make as it is to eat!
Preparation for about 40 cookies / adapted from zuckerzimtundliebe
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 250g flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoon chocolate powder
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- confectionars sugar
- Add the chopped chocolate and butter in a heatproof pan on low heat, stir from time to time until the mixture is completely melted, then set it aside to cool.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, chocolate powder, cinnamon and salt and set aside until needed.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and the sugar until thick, pale and fluffy.
- Add the cooled chocolate/butter to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and stirring quickly just until incorpoated, don‘t over mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form the chilled dough into walnut sized balls, about 2cm diameter and place them on the baking sheet, let about 3cm space in between each ball.
- Let the cookies rest in a cool place for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190° C.
- Place the confectionars sugar in a shallow bowl and cover each ball with sugar, make sure each ball is completely coated.
- Bake the cookies on the second lowest rack for about 10 – 12 minutes. The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool.
Store the cookies in a metal tin.
Happy baking! Bridget✨